Holiday Membership Mixer
Holiday Membership Mixer
Last Minute Deal: Hearst Castle, Cambria & Wine TourName: Last Minute Deal: Hearst Castle, Cambria & Wine TourDate: February 12, 2019Time: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM PSTWebsite: https://www.toasttours.comEvent Description:
Last Minute Deal
Hearst Castle & Wine Group Tour
The Most Complete Full Day Experience on California’s Central Coast
Our full-day Hearst Castle & Wine experience allows you to enjoy the best of the Central Coast to its fullest!
You’ll get an early start on this family friendly small group tour. We will pick you up in either Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo. You’ll be making your way over the coastal mountains to the infamous California Pacific Coast Highway (Route 1) for a short drive up to the ornate and luxurious Hearst Castle.
Beat the crowds and enjoy the Grand Rooms tour of the main house, recommended for first-time visitors, while it’s still calm, with time to leisurely stroll the castle property after the tour & enjoy the awe-inspiring views.
Afterwards, head to the coastal town of Cambria, where you can grab a delicious lunch and browse the many art galleries, boutique shops and more. After lunch, we’ll finish the day visiting three delightful, local wineries either in Paso Robles or Edna Valley.
Please make tour reservations as early as possible, as this popular tour books early and is subject to ticket availability at the Castle.
- Breathtaking drive through the mountains and along Route 1 to the magnificent Hearst Castle
- A guided tour of the Grand Rooms of Hearst Castle with some free time to explore the property at your leisure
- Time to explore, shop and eat in the charming seaside town of Cambria
- Three exclusive winery experiences, each offering their own blend of beautiful views, welcoming locals and delicious wines
- Cheese platter and bottled water served on board the bus
- Share the experience with other fun people
- Personable and knowledgeable tour guide
- Family Friendly
Your tour guide/driver will pick you up between 7:00 – 7:45 in the morning, and will engage you with fascinating tidbits about local history and point out interesting landmarks as you enjoy your drive over the pristine and rugged Santa Lucia Mountains. Along the way you’ll take in beautiful views of the fog blanketed mountain peaks and the rocky shoreline of the Pacific Ocean as we make our way to William Randolph Hearst’s extravagant vacation home on the ‘Enchanted Hill’.
At the Castle, you’ll pick up your tickets and quickly begin your guided Grand Rooms Tour, allowing you to beat the crowds and enjoy the tranquility and splendor of the Castle as Hearst and his guests would have.
On the tour, you’ll visit Hearst’s opulent social rooms on the ground floor of the castle where each evening W.R. Hearst would gather his guests – consisting of the Hollywood elite of the time, influential politicians, famous authors and artists, and other notable figures – for lavish meals and socializing all through the night.
The guided portion of the tour will last approximately 1-hour, after which you will have time to stroll through the gardens and around the Neptune and Roman pools before taking the shuttle back to the visitor’s center, where we’ll pick you up to continue on our adventure!
After departing the Castle, we’ll make our way to the charming seaside town of Cambria, where you’ll have time to walk through the historic East Village, do some boutique and antique shopping, as well as grab a relaxed lunch at one of the many excellent cafes and restaurants.
After a satisfying lunch, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views as we make our way to three small-to-medium sized charming, family friendly wineries in either Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo’s Edna Valley. Sit back and relish each winery as they offer their own distinctive blend of friendly faces, delightful surroundings and enchanting local wines.
- Hearst Castle Grand Rooms Tour Ticket ($25)
- Pick-up / Return from Paso Robles, Atascadero & San Luis Obispo
- Pick-up between 7:00 – 7:45 AM
- Small intimate tour sizes
- Complimentary shared cheese tray and chilled bottled water on the bus
- Visit 3 local wineries
- Knowledgeable, friendly, experienced and professional local guide
- Share the experience with other fun people!
- Comfortable bus that you can stand in
- Safe and spacious wine storage on vehicle
- Shipping boxes and Wine skins available for purchase
- Enjoy the Central Coast to the fullest!
What’s Not Included:
- Tasting Fees: The cost of wine tastings depends on the wineries selected to visit. The average is $10 – $20 at each winery for about 4 – 6 pours. Many wineries will waive the fees if a customer purchases wine.
- Gratuity for your guide
Children of all ages are welcome on the tour though drinking alcohol is not permitted for those under the age of 21. This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 8 years old. Please bring a valid photo ID.
Wear comfortable shoes and bring layers as the weather is subject to sudden changes. Often, the coastal weather can be cool with some fog and the afternoons can be much warmer with lots of sunshine. It’s also a good idea to bring sunscreen.
All cancellations and changes for this tour will be subject to a $35 per person fee.