Financial Relief Resources
California Small Business Covid-19 Relief Grant Program
The State of California has announced a $500 million package of assistance, including grants of up to $25,000 to small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Application Opens December 30, 2020 at 8:00 AM
- Application Closes January 8, 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Start of Approval Notifications January 13, 2021
A small business or small nonprofit must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible to receive a grant award:
- Must meet the definition of an “eligible small business”. An “eligible small business” means (i) a “small business” (sole proprietor, independent contractor, 1099 work, and or registered “for-profit” business entity (e.g., C-corporation, S-corporation, limited liability company, partnership) that has yearly gross revenue of $2.5 million or less (but at least $1,000 in yearly gross revenue) based on most recently filed tax return) or (ii) a “small nonprofit” (registered 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) nonprofit entity having yearly gross revenue of $2.5 million or less (but at least $1,000 in yearly gross revenue) based on most recently filed Form 990)
- Active businesses or nonprofits operating since at least June 1, 2019
- Businesses must currently be operating or have a clear plan to re-open once the State of California permits re-opening of the business
- Business must be impacted by COVID-19 and the health and safety restrictions such as business interruptions or business closures incurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Business must be able to provide organizing documents including 2018 or 2019 tax returns or Form 990s, copy of official filing with the California Secretary of State, if applicable, or local municipality for the business such as one of the following: Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Organization, Fictitious Name of Registration or Government-Issued Business License
- Business must be able to provide acceptable form of government-issued photo ID
- Applicants with multiple business entities, franchises, locations, etc. are not eligible for multiple grants and are only allowed to apply once using their eligible small business with the highest revenue
Visit https://careliefgrant.com for more information and to begin preparing your documents.
Paso Robles Economic Recovery Package
Council allocated $235,000 in General Funds for three economic recovery and business assistance measures:
- $60k for maintaining parklet infrastructure through June
- $100k for propane heating assistance
- $75 for Economic Recovery, such as a Buy Local campaign, micro-grants, or other measures as determined by local business input
If additional pandemic funding becomes available, General Funds would be replenished if allowable.
More Information Coming Soon
Possible Federal Relief Package
On Monday Congress passed a $900 billion COVID-19 relief bill that, if signed by the president, would include:
- $600 direct payment checks for every adult and child earning up to $75,000.
- Unemployment benefits up to $300 per week through mid-March.
- Rental assistance to help families pay their rent, and extends the eviction moratorium now in effect until Jan. 31.
- PPP Loans
- And more, read the entire bill here
President Trump still has to sign the bill for this assistance to go into effect.