Skip to content

Tenant and Landlord Protections

We are here to help.

Contact us at if you need more assistance or have any further questions.

The COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act

Local tenants and landlords can now apply for rental assistance through the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program.

  • Landlords can get 80% of unpaid rent if they forgive the other 20%
  • Tenants can get 25% of unpaid rent
  • April 2020 - March 2021
  • Paying 25% can help prevent eviction

The program clears some accumulated rental debt, keeps the hardest-hit families in their homes, and will lead to a more equitable economic recovery. The State program is for those who have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19, have past due rent or utilities, and have a household income at or less than $58,800 (which is 80% of the area median household income). Landlords who participate in the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program can get reimbursed for 80% of an eligible renter’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent.


Apply at


Eviction Protections ave been extended to June 30, 2021


Foreclosure Protections have been extended to September 21, 2021


Eviction Moratorium

Small homeowners have been extended foreclosure protections in a state order passed August 31. Many banks and financial institutions have committed to providing relief for homeowners in California. Find out more about mortgage help and how to get it.

Avoiding Utility Shut-Off

Many utility providers are not shutting off services due to non-payment. Check with the California Public Utilities Commission for more information. The Water Board restricts the shut off of water during the COVID crisis. Please use this form to report any water shutoff or reconnect issue.

Scroll To Top